I would recommend installing an earlier model of the driver, or using drivers that include the OS as an alternative. I’ve found that it’s SynTPEnh.exe what causes it. If you kill it and restart, it’s working once more for some time. On my PC it was freezing only with windows 8 driver with swipes from edges.
Chances are that when your laptop computer mouse pad isn’t working, the repair is pretty easy. We’ll walk you thru frequent troubleshooting steps to fix a trackpad that is not practical. Most of the following tips apply to Windows, but those on a Mac can use a few of them too. Finally, many people reported that their touchpads stopped working correctly after getting Windows 10, which means that the W10 driver for your touchpad may be misbehaving.
Tip 3: Change Your Mouse Pointer
Look for Scrolling course and choose either Down movement scrolls up or Down motion scrolls down. Uncheck the boxes for Tap with two finger to proper-click on and Drag two fingers to scroll. I also discover a touchpad often thinks I’m pinching to zoom when the one time I use that gesture is once I’m usingGoogle Maps. Since I do not use Google Maps all that usually on my laptop, zoom is out. So, I uncheck the bins forTap with a single finger to single-clickandPinch to zoom.
- If your touchpad stops working as a one-off occurrence, your pc could possibly be completely locked up.
- In Windows 7 or eight, go to the Start menu or the search appeal and kind mouse settings.
- My suggestion is to disable any faucet gestures you don’t regularly use to prevent you from unintentionally engaging them.
- Then, sort “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter to open Device manager.
- If they’re obtainable, download and install them on your laptop.
- Some keyboards present a light-weight on this key to let you know the mouse pad is turned off.
Fixing this requires you to activate a restore level at a date before the touchpad stopped working, or you could need to perform an operating system restore installation. The restore set up requires you to access a restore partition on the onerous drive or use an working system set up disc. In macOS, there isn’t a method to reset all default settings for the trackpad.